Thursday, March 14, 2013

Bamboo


One Day I Decided To Quit

One day I decided to quit...I quit my job, my
relationship, my
Spirituality... I wanted to quit my life. I went to
the woods to
have one last talk with God. "God", I said. "Can you
give me one good
reason not to quit?" His answer surprised me...

"Look around", He said. "Do you see the fern and the
bamboo?"

"Yes", I replied.

"When I planted the fern and the bamboo seeds, I took
very good care
of them. I gave them light. I gave them water. The
fern quickly grew
from the earth. Its brilliant green covered the floor.
Yet nothing
came from the bamboo seed. But I did not quit on the
bamboo. In the
second year the Fern grew more vibrant and plentiful.
And again,
nothing came from the bamboo seed. But I did not quit
on the bamboo."
He said.

"In year three there was still nothing from the bamboo
seed. But I
would not quit. In year four, again, there was nothing
from the bamboo
seed. I would not quit." He said.

"Then in the fifth year a tiny sprout emerged from the
earth.
Compared to the fern it was seemingly small and
insignificant...But
just 6 months later the bamboo rose to over 100 feet
tall. It had
spent the five years growing roots. Those roots made
it strong and
gave it what it needed to survive. I would not give
any of my
creations a challenge it could not handle." He said to
me.

"Did you know, my child, that all this time you have
been struggling,
  you have actually been growing roots?"

"I would not quit on the bamboo. I will never quit on
you."

"Don't compare yourself to others." He said. "The
bamboo had a
different purpose than the fern. Yet they both make
the forest 
beautiful."

"Your time will come", God said to me. "You will rise
high"

"How high should I rise?" I asked.

"How high will the bamboo rise?" He asked in return.

"As high as it can?" I questioned

"Yes." He said, "Give me glory by rising as high as
you can."

I left the forest and bring back this story. I hope
these words can
help you see that God will never give up on you.

No comments:

Post a Comment